Friday, February 21, 2014

Take on the Facebook lure

Facebook keeps sending me reminders to nudge me back onto their
terrible website and I keep nudging back by deleting their emails.
It's not just that I hate FB and everything it stands for but this
constant badgering of you to log onto their site is beyond annoying.
I know why they do it, because if you log on even to change your
setting to say you don't want to get these alerts, it counts you as an
active user, which I am not and never plan on

Well Facebook now uses an even more devious method of trying to get
you to log on, scare tactics. Today, I got an email saying that
somebody tried to log onto my account which may or may not be true but
I suspect it's just their method of luring you back in so that I can
get first hand reports of people's terrible takes on current events,
people's terrible updates on their lives and people's terrible kids

So, no thank you Marky Mark Zuckerberg, leave me the F alone

Oh. I deleted WhatsApp today, too

2 comments:

Zed said...

How are your FB shares doing lately?

Mr. R. Lee said...

I also deleted the WhatsApp mobile app. That insidious software is just plain spyware and a keystroke logger.

I try to delete any app I suspect of tracking my location or digging through my contacts and calendar. I even delete Yahoo fantasy baseball, basketball, and football apps in the off-seasons. As a result, only have 10 apps on my iPhone.

I think virtually everything electronic can be used to spy on me. These days, everything is out to get you, financially or otherwise.

But that is because I have no serotonin levels in my brain, resulting in continuous paranoia and aggression. This is yet another reason why prolonged hard drug use is bad for you.