Saturday, March 16, 2013

Take on the wine labels

I don't drink a lot of wine, mostly because when I do, I usually feel
like a bird shat directly into my mouth so I am far from schooled on
the nuanced differences of one vineyard vs another. I am the type of
consumer who looks at the label and tries to make my best guess using
only the name on the front and the description on the back and
honestly I may as well do it blindfolded because my hit-rate is
somewhere near Mike Francessa's NFL picks. I am happy enough when I
can tell a Merlot from a Cabernet, so then to also have to pick on
vineyard, or god-forbid year, is a challenge I am not wiling to take
on
Today, I walked in to get a bottle of red for my FIL who like me could
care less about the label, the price or the type and walked out with a
bottle of DrySack which I assume is a warning to a guy who drinks too
much of it, his sperm count drops to nothing.

No comments: