Sunday, March 3, 2013

Take on the minimum CC amount

There is no worse feeling than when I walk into a store and realize I
have no cash. It's not that I am addicted to cash, it is that I
despise these minimum credit card amounts. Last week at the
bagel-shop I got a coffee and a bagel and left with two seltzer
waters, a pack of gun and a kinish. I like seltzer and gun and
everything but definitely didn't go in expecting to spend $10 on
breakfast which exactly what happens when you are stuck with these
minimums

I get that these stores are charged something from the evil
merchant-service people and from what I understand these minimum CC
charges was part of the fine print in the Dodd-Frank Bill as a
giveback to business.

But maybe instead of turning my $3 into a ten-spot they can charge me
whatever the CC company charges them ($0.25 I guess) for the service
of using a card and letting me decide whether I want to pay the
surcharge or instead buy a bunch of crap I didn't want

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

You know which small business owners in the L.A. area just don't even bother taking credit cards at all? Or if they do, definitely not Discover or American Express, both of which charge merchants 1% more than VISA or MasterCard?

Let me give you a hint:

Once again, the ethnic group starts with a "C," ends with an "E," and in the middle is "Hines."