Thursday, March 7, 2013

Take on the foreign visa part 2

I guess one day of bitching wasn't enough because standing on line at
the Chinese Consulate is really hell and it gives you a lot of time to
complain. Between the endless lines and the ridiculously rude and
pushy people, it's a wonder anybody ever visits the country but even
that isn't my complaint

How the hell do countries get away with basically charging $150 for a
visa? With what is essentially an entrance fee, going to China has
become like going to Disney World without the big doofy mouse, with
worse food and a just a bit more smog
But what really got me was that I was getting visa's for two travelers
and paid radically different prices

EU passport $45
US passport $146

I get that this is a big F-U to the US because we make it difficult
for their citizens to come over here but to charge three times what
you would charge a European is ludicrous

I'd say I'd stop buying anything made in China as a protest but I'd
only biting of my nose to spite my face.

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Did I mention Brazil also charges 150 dollars to Americans to get a required travel visa? But like 30 bucks to everyone else? Those 2 countries know who has the money and who is willing to pay for it.

Both China and Brazil are chock full of easy, available local women.

Coincidence? I think not.