Saturday, March 2, 2013

Take on the modern kid's lunch

As I was preparing my daughter's lunch yesterday, it hit me how much
times have changed

In her BPA free lunch container, I packed a hormone-free, nitrite and
nitrate free, oven roasted cage free honey turkey sandwich with
artisan cheese topped with humus on a seven grain whole wheat roll. I
put an organic white-grape juice with no added sugar box packed in
recycled cardboard in her lunch box and then added an organic apple
and packed some roasted seaweed for her snack.

I used to walk out of my house with a bologna and mayo sandwich with a
Hi-C... Times have changed

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I ate burgers, fries, tater tots, burritos, and pizza everyday at lunch, even as a small child, and I turned out just fine.

Burger King everyday as a high school senior.