Saturday, January 29, 2011

Outage

When I woke up this morning I knew something was terribly wrong. The heat was on, nobody had broken into the house and from what I could tell WWIII had not officially started. What I did find was a black-hole, an area in time and space from where no information exists. Sometime after 1:38AM the Verizon Blackberry service crapped out again. This had been an issue recently and to the BB addicts it is the equivalent of prohibition.
Now as any regular TOR reader will know, we still believe the BB is the greatest business invention since the invention of the compound interest rate but when the item we most rely on becomes unusable then I get worried. Granted it's Saturday morning so the effects will be minimized but it once again proves how vulnerable we are to the glitches of technology. The sad thing is thy Verizon's entire success is about it's network reliability but anybody who uses it has started to see it has just about reached its limitation and this is before the Verizon IPhone hits the market which will likely congest the network even more.
Now I had a great blog about the local news phenomena typed up and ready to post but now you'll have to wait a day for that and I hope it tastes good a day old

No comments: