Saturday, January 1, 2011

Anno Domini

What has always bothered me is the inconsistency in the Gregorian calendar. If you want to be considered the world-leader in terms of time diction than I don't think it's too much to ask for you to be accurate.

See BC is referred to the 6 Billion Years before Christ and AD is referred to the 2000 some-odd years after his birth. Now obviously there is a lot more information about the last 2010 than before it but there are some major flaws in this concept.

- if BC is the time before Christ and we assume he was born on December 25th like I was taught in bible-studies when I was a kid than AD should have started on Christmas. But as it stands now the way I see it there are 6 unrecorded days in history -kind of like the Y2K but except this one was real- sometime between Mary having the kid and a few days before those three dudes showed up in robes.

Now my Brother in Law will tell you that Jesus was actually born at the end of March which he says they can prove using computer models, star alignments and carbon dating in which case there will have been about nine and a half months between his 'birth' and the AD calendar and i paid attention in Biology class so . I know it also takes 9 months from conception to birth so maybe Mary was fooling around with one of those wise-guys and this was just Julius Ceasar method of covering up her indiscretion.
:tinfoilhat:

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: