Thursday, January 6, 2011

I guess this is what $450 million dollars of cash gets you

 
So I logged onto Facebook for the first time in almost 4 months when a customer sent me a picture of his family vacationing in Disney World and let me tell you I was not impressed.   Not because the content was as lame as ever, not because I had 20 friend requests for kids I hardly knew in High School and not because the place has turned the internet from a fun seedy place to some Disney inspired playard.    It was like seeing 42nd street's 'revitalization' all over again.

But what really bothered me was that not 2 minutes after I logged off again I got bombarded with emails from Facebook welcoming me back and inviting me to post pictures, stories and quirky status updates and then invited me to reconnect with friends.   The two people they mentioned were my buddy Otis who I just had lunch with earlier in the day and Mrs TakeOnRighetti.

This is where Facebook gets it all wrong..first they don't even let you ease back into it and then they make suggestions that are just ridiculous.. 

No comments: