Thursday, April 15, 2010

Return to Sender, Address unknown

Some Chico American woman named Torry Hansen from Tennessee who adopted a Siberian Boy a few months ago has sent back the seven-year old by himself with a note pinned to his chest that read


To Whom It May Concern," the letter reads, "This child is mentally unstable. He is violent and has severe psychopathic issues/behaviors. I was lied to and misled by the Russian Orphanage workers and director regarding his mental stability. ... After giving my best to this child, I am sorry to say that for the safety of my family, friends and myself, I no longer wish to parent this child. As he is a Russian National, I am returning him to your guardianship and would like the adoption disannulled."


Now I understand that this having a kid thing may have been more than Ms Hansen realized but this just returning the kid for credit seems like it’s gone overboard

First of all I didn’t realize that adopted kids came with a warranty? I can’t even send back a pair of running shoes from Amazon without paying some kind of restocking fee and people are sending kids across the globe with a simple letter

Now I can see where this stems from, people like Miss Hansen probably saw that people routinely adopt a young puppy or a couple of cats and after a few weeks decide that this is no longer something they are interested in but we have to be better than that when it comes to a person right?

First of all, what the hell do you expect when you take a seven-year old kid from Siberia and plop him down in the south. It takes most people a few weeks to wear in a new set of shoes, maybe you should give the kid some time to assimilate to the fact he’s surrounded by a bunch of hicks.

Lastly this kid was from Siberia but Torry Hansen sent him back to Moscow, that’s like dropping a seven-year old from Tennessee off in Alaska and ask him to find his way home

No comments: