Sunday, April 4, 2010

this seems a bit disingenuous


I drive a hybrid, I want to save the world and I like saving money but that doesn't mean that I will let people and companies slide when it comes to incomplete information.
Earlier today I walked past a Prius flaunting a 100+ MPG sticker on it's hatch-back and thought that this might be a little bit disingenuous, for one there has to be some kind of cost (both real and carbon-footprint wise) for the energy used in the plug-in state.  I have no idea what the cost of the electric energy costs or how many miles per watt you get but if you are going to brag you should be prepared to answer those questions.   This is like buying Vanilla Soy Milk with a 90 Calorie Sticker on the front before you find out it's filled with tons of sugar.    You can't talk about 100+MPG when your car is not running on gasoline, you have to put everything on the table

My bigger issue is that this same car came up behind me as I was crossing the street and because it was driving in its hybrid motion, I didn't hear it and the sucker almost ran this sucker right over.    How can you claim to be a car trying to protect the planet if you can't even protect the average idiot walking down the streets with his walkman tuned to SportsRadio?
 I hate noise pollution almost as much as I hate real pollution but I think I hate getting run over more than both combined.   I feel like a guy driving a hybrid must be forced to play that Ice-Cream Truck jingle or something to protect the innocent pedestrians   .

No comments: