Friday, March 12, 2010

staring down the barrel of a gun

With all the bitching and moaning we all put up with everyday, maybe it’s time for a blog about the good things in life.


Well when you are battling the misery of the morning commute with inaudible announcements, rats the size of poodles running on the tracks, filthy homeless people pissing on platform and ridiculously crowed trains when you get on. Well sometimes all that doesn’t sound so bad when you consider the fate of the woman who braved the stench of homeless piss and those Rat Poodles to retrieve the bag she had dropped onto the tracks when she was struck by an oncoming train.

Now I feel for her as TOR does not advocate the death of anybody, specifically somebody just minding their business on route to work but the entire scenario has brought on some interesting office chatter. I have often looked down the train tunnel and although I am by no means Superman I tell you one thing, there is NO WAY that I would ever get struck by an ongoing train. I am completely convinced that I could jump onto the tracks, retrieve my bad, floss my teeth, kick a few rats, help pick up some trash and dodge the homeless piss puddles in enough time to still get up from the tracks.

Now I’m a 34 year old man who runs 20 miles per week so maybe I’m not the prime example but I kind of feel like any dude who wouldn’t get charged for two seats on Southwest should be able to manage this feat and if you have any doubts you should probably stay away from the platform edge and from any basic physical activity.

No comments: