Friday, June 26, 2009

this was bound to happened

So sitting in a car on the way home from another few days on the road by worst nightmare occurred when my blackberry conked out. It wasn’t the entire BB breaking just the trackball key which is the only way to access any of the information. All my flight information, hotel locations, rental-car confirmations, work emails, personal emails and TOR drafts are all of a sudden not accessible and I feel more hopeless than I did at the eighth grade dance. So there I stand with my limp-BB in hand furiously banging the keys hoping for just a little bit of hope but of course the harder I try the more inoperable my little buddy becomes. Now I’m not completely unfamiliar with this type of incontinence but usually it involves a little too much whiskey.


I should of course have seen this coming as just 24 hours earlier my BB8830 started acting up and sending out random blank text messages (at least I hope they were blank) as the track-ball button just seemed to be pressed down permanently.. This is where it hit me, I am the equivalent to this piece of wire and plastic like a self-loving nymphomaniac does her vibrator. I’m standing there with my limp-BB in hand and wondering what the hell I’m going to do, I call the Verizon store but they are closed, I call (form my home phone) Verizon customer support and they tell me it’s going to have to wait till tomorrow.

The biggest issue is that I can see that messages are coming in as the little indicator on the phone is telling me my unread emails are growing but I can’t get to them, this is like showing me a Megan Fox-Halle Berry sex scene and then tying my hands behind my back. I toss and turn all night without the hit from my little addiction

I make it to the Verizon store first thing in the morning wait online for about 25 minutes and finally make it to the front of the line. I explain my situation, the guy sees me for the addict I am and brings it to back where they do the maintenance and repair.

He comes back a couple of minutes back with the following message

“the trackball was broken which occurs with normal wear-and-tear, although honestly I haven’t seen this much wear and tear on a phone yet”


MLIA

1 comment:

Cathy said...

hi david! how's everything? there was so much kickboxing class drama today. i am overdue for a soliloquy so i will write about it soon. then we went to central park and i loved it but my husband was realy miserable and angry. i haven't been able to write lately cuz i've been distracted with my latest extreme obsession, one day i'll write a self-absorbed soliloquy about it. i'm just extremely obsessed with something lately and i can't function.
how is your summer? i love megan fox, she's too perfect. how does anyone look like that?? what sparked off the lesbian blog? is it cuz gay pride is tomorrow? are you going tomorrow? i usually go and try to get some photos with some dragqueens. or is it cuz of lindsay lohan? my husband's a loyal mets/jets fan. they are the worst teams and he makes me pretend to be a fan too. i try to look for the good in the teams though, like david wright is boyishly cute and jerry manuel is kinda strangely sexy cuz he looks so angry and serious all the time. the jets have that new young guy, mark sanchez? is that his name? he's handsome. i miss their old coach, the older black man who was always very calm. i forgot his name but he kinda looked military-like sometimes. ok have a good weekend!