Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hey you in your luxury SUV, watch the road

is there any more clear form of pompousity than the luxury SUV? I guess you need that four wheel drive to trek through the offroads on route the to the middle school volley-ball game.
My brother in law likes to say that a Range Rover is like a tax for living in Westport, they won't let you live there if you don't at least have one.
What you find most often is the same ahole who drives a Lexus SUV is the same guy who fawns over his kid's most mundane achievements.
I remember sitting in Westport's middle school (somehow managing through the ditches, dunes and valleys in my Hyundai) for a dance recital for girls from the age of 5 through 15.
As I sat there for 2 hours wishing I had an ice-pick to jam into my urethra, I overhear one of the over-zealous SUV driving parents say to her friend. "This is almost Broadway, they are so talented". Mind you these were 10 year olds, none of whom knew the routine and one of whom had her finger jammed way up her nose. This isn't talent, this is awful, these white-bread kids don't have a bone of talent because their parents are too involved.
This is what happens when parents drive an SIV with leather seats and individual climate controls.. They insulate their kids from the real world, god forbid you feel a pothole, smell the NJ turnpike or aren't at a perfectly comfortable 72 degrees. Insulation stunts creativity.
The irony of the luxury SUV is that they are the preferred auto for the liberal elite, the ones who go to galas for River-Keep but who in their real lives say FUCK THE WORLD as they burn through 91 octane gas at 8 MPG.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: