Friday, June 19, 2009

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.. just keep it out of my face

I remember the day when Bloomberg basically sent the smokers outside to drag on their cancer-sticks as I found this to be a great way to meet new chicks. You would see some smoking hot smoking check going for a smoke and follow her outside, bum a light and have a natural conversation starter. The only thing I had to do then was pretend to smoke and not cough up a lung as I took a drag.
I also remember how pleasant it made the bars as I would not come back stinking like a disgusting ashtray and how much longer I would stay in bars because of it.
There were some negatives too, most notably living right off of 9th avenue it meant that a bunch of drunk smoking hooligans were talking/shouting outside bars for all hours of the night but all-in-all this is one of the few times I am for taking personal freedom’s away from people to make life more pleasant for the rest of us.
Well smokers are back in my sights, I’m sick and tired of not only seeing them litter by throwing their butts on the ground but now I’m sicker and more tired of them smoking outside all together. I cannot tell you a less pleasant way to walk down the street than right behind some guy puffing away. First of all I feel like I’m inhaling his back-wash which in itself is disgusting but more importantly I’m second-hand smoking right along with him. If I wanted to pick up a smoking habit, I’ll do it myself thank you. I don’t need you forcing this crap into my lungs, my pregnant wife’s lungs and more importantly into the lungs of my soon-to-be baby. So I have a suggestion, smokers should go back inside, leaving the clean air to the serenity and peace of the outside; I am not inviting them back into the bars by the way. I suggest that if you want to smoke you have to buy a tent, so you can pitch it whenever you are looking for a nicotine fix so you have a place to go and hide keeping your filth out of my air. Imagine it like a dutch-oven except instead of my stinky ass farting under the covers you can back-wash and second-hand smoke your own filth. I’m happy though to shove my zit-covered ass into the tent to help air it out a bit.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

8am smokers are crazy! like 8 years ago, i used to smoke but i never really got addicted. ok i am leaving work now! i'm excited. tonight i'm eating at ono. is that place horrible? i heard all the restaurants under that china grill/asia de cuba restaurants are horrible. but i can't waste my gift card.