Thursday, June 4, 2009

Take on Beers

I have been doing some major research for the loyal TOR readership and want to report my findings on the collection of this years summer ales.

Blue Moon's Honeymoon
Like all Blue Moon this sounds like it's going to be great but after having three of them you feel like somebody is baking a pizza in your stomach as the yeast on any Blue Moon seems to grow exponentially after consumption. I am now convinced that the entire Blue Moon craze was like Ugly Kid Joe, a one summer phenomenon. The beer tastes like crap and when you take a crap the next day you are going to be pissing shit.

Brooklyn summer ale
Fantastic. A bit tangy and good for a summer ale. Light and easy going although I would like them add a wrinkle to it in next years formulation.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Is there a creepier sounding guy than Ken Koch the guy who started Sam Adams? I remember when I was a kid and my mom said never to get in the car with a stranger and thinking that the guy in those commercials sounded like the kind of weirdo to avoid. Back in those days Sam Adams was a microbrew which obviously it is no longer but they have kept their creepy sounding founder as the face of the franchise. I find the average Sam Adams to heavy, Sam Adams light was another one summer thing for me but the summer ale is very good but Sam's White Ale  is better.


Miller Twist
remember Algebra?   Well forget everything you learned because you take two positives (miller products and lime) multiply them together and you expect to get another positive.   Well in this case, we are in a fifth dimension cause this stuff is brutal.

MGD 64
Not a summer ale but at 64 calories it sounded summery enough.
This is worse than Bud Lite and that's saying something. I am a light beer fan and a huge supporter of the Miller company (Miller Lite, High Life plus I drafted Prince Fielder 1.08 this year) but calling this MGD64 beer is like calling Applebees' beer selection decent. Believe it or not but it was worse than Michelob Ultra.
Somebody let me know when the Rheingold summer brew is ready!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hey Rigs,

S (shanna) ("my roommate") and I (your sister 'in-law") you know the one that moved in for a month??? (and then ate you out of house and home? well hi it's us.

we agree with this today's blog write up (minus the whole ass pissing thing) we LOVE Brooklyn summer ale not just because it's FUCKINGFANTASTTIC but because it says Brooklyn in it's name.

peace.