Monday, June 29, 2009

6am flights

I am an idiot!!! Why in God's name I would book myself on a 6am Monday Morning flight out of Newark is beyond stupid but to then also get a flight with a connection in the worst connecting airport in american (Atlanta) makes this a slam dunk.
So here I stand on about 3 hours of sleep and I am still wondering what the hell happened this weekend.
I know I saw a lot of floats packed with every color of the rainbow, I know I saw the Yankees come to life and I know I shouldn't have had the chicken at that wedding but this just gets us back to where this started...6AM flights are brutal because you gotta get up a 4AM and there is just no way for me to get a good night rest if I know I have to be up early for something. I just toss and turn for hours, and everytime I look at the clock it's 30 minutes closer to wake up time and thus 30 minutes less than the prerequisite 6 hours of sleep. It is amazing how slowly time moves when you are waiting on a line for a movie but how it travels at the speed of light when you are running late or desperately trying to get to sleep.

If I had any hope to take a nap it was shot when I got to my seat in the last row on the plane, the one which doesn't move back right next to the bathrooms in the middle seat. What have I done to deserve this?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Sneha said...

i think the airlines have started to read TOR and this is their way of payback ;-)