Sunday, May 3, 2009

Running for your life

I've been told by many people that running allows them time to think, to take away distractions and just concentrate on an issue.. The funny thing is that for me it doesn't allow me to think at all, the running takes up all my mental energy and the only thoughts I have are ones like "only 2 more miles", "big hill coming up" or "this sucks"

What it does allow is my mind to clear almost entirely, it's the manic person's yoga and for all the pounding and increased heartrates I find it extremely meditating.

There I go with that huge bobble-head of mine, up the hill, down the hill, one foot in front of the next all the while I think of nothing..

I have too much energy to ever sit in a some hot stinky room stretching and becoming one with my body, this would make me nuts. Honestly you may have to put me in a strait-jacket if you ever see me doing any meditating.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

100% with you on that one! I hate yoga. I'd rather run until my feet fall off.

Righetti said...

I've tried yoga once.........once

and it was not a pretty sight

Cathy said...

i hate quiet exercise too! i tried yoga once and i was yawning! in kickboxing/spin i would never yawn! i used to run all the time too and it wasn't thinking time for me either cuz i'd concentrate on counting the number of laps/minutes/songs until it was over. we're like twins. lmfao!