Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It takes two to make a thing go so wrong



I'm sorry but I believe the time to retire this wretched piece of garbage is long overdue. I know it's a "classic" and people tell me that Rob Base should be heralded but honestly this song is brutal and Rob Base is a talent-less schlep and this song is about as innovative as the pizza-burger


The lyrics are childish, the beat and baseline are tired and overused and be honest with yourself when you answer the question. "Was it really ever good?"

I know it was catchy but that now that makes it annoying, I’ve been told it was clever with the whole "I like the Whopper fuck the Big Mac" but really was it that clever?

Just the other day I heard a couple of guys cruising down 5th avenue the other day blasting this crap and singing "i'm not internationally known, but i'm know to rock the microphone" part to each other. It's as if people feel they deserve a medal for having memorized these lyrics, i'd be more impressed if you could have somehow now memorized them, as you've heard them 1000 times in your life and every ahole around loves to sing along to it.

Aren't we better than this senseless dribble, in 25 years hasn't anybody been able to produce something to replace this in the loop of terrible party songs. How in God’s name does this piece of crap still get radio air-time?

At some point people realized the YMCA sucked, the Macarena sucked and now it’s time to realize that this isn't any better.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: