Sunday, May 17, 2009

maybe it's just sympathy weight?


I'm not exactly sure how this happened as I run 20 to 25 miles per week, don't eat sweets or sugars, limit the amount of bread I take in but somehow I've put on about 10 pounds since I turned 33. I really can't explain it, as my life style hasn't changed much and my eating/beer patterns are basically the same but somewhere between my 32nd and 33rd years my metabolism has hit the skits and all of a sudden I look like I'm carrying twins again.


I noticed it first when my fat-chick thighs were rubbing against each other the other day on a hot-humid day, got a little more obvious when I put on a pair of pants and didn't need a belt but was blatant when a good buddy looked at me and asked "is this what happens?"


So i'm on a new kick. Not exactly sure if it'll be a health kick, a kick in the ass kick or a kick in the nuts kind of kick but I need to stop looking like a giant hippo and start shaping up because this pear shape I got going is not pretty in a shirt and God knows it's that much worse without one


and we all know that wedding season is right around the corner and the Jon Bon Jovi Experience needs to be ready

1 comment:

Cathy said...

yes! i've gained 5 pounds since my wedding but i work out like an exercise bulimic and everything else is pretty much the same. but i did receive a slowcooker as a wedding gift and i eat crockpot meals like every single day and my portions are manly. so maybe that's why. i've lost 1 pound so far but can't seem to lose the rest. it's kinda making me crazy!