Friday, May 29, 2009

I can't drive.....55


So I'm sitting at the doctor's appointment for 5:30pm and it's about 6:15.. There are about 10 people waiting and the pace feels like you are driving down the highway in a Prius.

The funny thing about the Prius is that it’s just a glorified golf cart which unless you are driving up to the 18th green means you look like an absolute clown. But with the government takeover of GM, this might very well be the future of automobiles. I'm sure that this thing will eventually save the earth but hopefully it will save more trees than the amount of horse-power it offers because you can put your foot to the floor in this hooptie with three dudes in tow and will only get over the speed-limit if you happened to be going down a ski-slope in Vail

So there you go saving the universe one MPG at a time while you can't go over 45MPH without having the whole car shake like you are on the cyclone in Coney Island. I'm all for limiting greenhouse gases but is it possible to do it with some style?
They put all the energy in making the battery and spent no time in making sure this thing didn't look like a tin-can on wheels.
I'm just glad that I am not a 20 year old kid trolling for olives and stuck driving one of these sardine cans, you may as well castrate me before you give me the keys.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

RHB said...

Forget Castration....all electric sports car 0-60 in 3.9secs.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOl_1S10jTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgMW_aYGQA&NR=1

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

Our prius doesn't shake. Don't know what you're talking about.