Monday, June 30, 2014

Take on god's gift

A man can only ask for so much, he can ask for happiness, security and
love but hoping for more always seems like somebody who tries to be
greedy. I tried to rationalize it all over the last five years but
have come to realize that everybody is handed a different lot in life,
my lot just has a bit more estrogen than most.

Whenever I tell people I have three daughters, they will inevitably
look at me and say "I'm sorry". Not because people don't love little
girls but because they know that as a man, I am not just completely
outnumbered but I am stuck sea without a compass. Three girls under
the age of five will take it's toll on anybody, they all have
different needs, wants and desires and balancing that with work,
upkeep of a home and a marriage is never easy, but for once, I will
not take this as a reason to complain. I have had hard days, ones
where I have wanted to jump out of a moving minivan, days I have
wanted to turn up Dora so loud that my ear-drums would pop and days I
have wanted to poke my eyes out with a princess crown but I have great
ones, too, and those are better than the lows. Maybe I am too cynical
expecting it all to be black or white but the grey (or is it gray, I
never know) areas are awesome. They are the times you learn more
about yourself, your own limitations and your own fortitude.

So screw you to all the dads of only boys, you have it easy, you are
in charted territory. Try taking on three girls and tell me what you
think. Plus I am sure my three girls can kick the sh!t out of your
little ones

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

If one has all boys, invariably it seems one turns out to be gay.