Friday, June 6, 2014

Take on the DIY project

Nothing is more fun than spending a Friday on a home improvement
project. The beauty of buying a house from a want-to-be DIY guy is
finding a bunch of Christmas presents every time you open a wall, if
Christmas sucked.

My bathroom sink hasn't been draining real well and even a full bottle
of Draino doesn't help, so I went to check the trap to find out it
looked like a piece of rotten wood. I go to three hardware stores
and find out that all the piping he used (1 1/4) is non standard which
means standard replacements are hell. I am now without a working sink
and have a call out to a place in Kansas City hoping I can get a 1 1/4
flanced connector pipe.

Kill me

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

When these types of issues arise, I either hire a plumber or handymen.

Or, more likely, I just ignore the problem and use another sink. This is why I try to always have place with multiple bathrooms.

Zed said...

Baking soda & white vinegar is the pipe-safe alternative to Drano.