Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Take on the tip jar

What good is a tip if nobody sees it. I was on line today, like I am
a few days per week, to get a dirty gyro. I try to make sure my guys
are well taken care of, knowing it to ably leads directly to an extra
piece of gyro. I ordered my food and go to drop a dollar in the tip
jar and stop in my tracks. The problem was the dude making the gyro
out his head down just as I was reaching for the tip jar. Now I was
stuck mid-air with a difficult decision.
i) Do I either just drop the dollar in the jar knowing nobody will
notice. If a dollar falls in a forest do you get extra meat??
ii) do I pull my dollar back and try again a couple of seconds later
knowing that if I'm caught pulling back it'll look really badly

I decided to call an audible and go with option iii). I coughed
loudly enough to get him to look up, he smiled and added a bit of
extra gyro to my plate

One problem is that I also coughed all over the cart, so if anybody in
midtown feels a bit queazy today, now you know why

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Also still waiting on your Belle Knox take.