Thursday, March 27, 2014

take on the satellite photos

Every time I click over to CNN.com they are posting another story of some satellite pictures of the South Indian sea with some white blob on a black background which they say could be debris from flight 370.   I’m hoping for a conclusion for this, if only for the families who need some closure but I have to say that I can’t imagine what is taking this long.    Every time they see something with a satellite, I read that there are a bunch of ships heading to the area but for some reason they ships move about as quickly as a turtle because we've heard the same story a hundred times already.  

The funny thing is that the only satellite pictures we've seen posted are from Thailand or Singapore or Bangladesh and they look about as crisp as the pictures my mother in law takes of the grand-kids.   A guy asked me today if I thought this was as sharp as they could get with a satellite photo and I assured him that this isn't even close to it.   I’m sure the NSA can get a picture of the pimples on my ass as I get out of the shower, so there is no reason to believe that the best thing we could get when it comes to this is what basically looks like a four week ultrasound..

The thing is that we have yet to see a satellite picture from the USA and there is a good reason behind it.   It’s not that we haven’t seen anything in the ocean yet, we just haven’t released our photos cause we don’t want the rest of the world know what kind of detail we can zoom into..

No comments: