Monday, March 10, 2014

Take on Finders Keepers

Years ago, I got a set of champagne flutes as a wedding or engagement gift or something from Tiffany’s and I remember returning it a few weeks later.   It wasn't that I didn't appreciate the gift but rather it was the kind of gift which I didn't really know what to do with.    First of all, we don’t really drink champagne, so any glass set wasn't necessary, secondly the idea of owning $100 glasses is something that just doesn't jive with my Miller Lite out of the can style..

I remember returning the box and being told that I could get store-credit and because there was nothing else I’d even remotely want, I decided to take the credit in hope of using it for a gift at some point. 

Of course now it’s a decade later and I still haven’t used it and I get notification from some place called Finders-Keepers which can help you get old credits, payments and other things..  Now I’m stuck with a $80 credit because apparently they deduct a bit every year as a service fee and it would cost me another 30% to use Finders Keepers to recover my money and even then, it’ll be in some kind of store credit which will mean I can then afford one champagne glass which I don’t want

2 comments:

Zed said...

It would be much easier if you learned to just drink Champagne instead.

Mr. R. Lee said...

You can buy a small glass candy dish at Tiffany & Co. for about 80 bucks. I have one on my office desk that someone gave me as a gift years ago.

That is the only item at Tiffany & Co. worth buying.