Monday, October 1, 2012

Take on Santonio Holmes

As I'm watching the beatdown the Jets tooks from the 49ers yesterday afternoon there was one thought that I couldn't get out of my head.   It has nothing to do with Sanchez getting benched for Tebow, it has nothing to do with Revis' injury and it has nothing to do with Rex's foot fetish it has to do with a team who has stopped competing..
 
During the 3rd quarter Santonio Holmes ran a little out pattern and basically collapsed on himself and in the process fumbled the ball which was in turn taken back for a touchdown.  The lasting image of the play was the star receiver laying in a pile grabbing his knee with the backdrop of the jubilance of the 49ers are they scored what was probably their 10th TD of the game.  He, like Revis the week earlier, was carted off the field with what looked like sure trip to Dr. James Andrews.
 
but anybody with eyes knew that Holmes was tagging himself out of that game, there was no contact and I have no doubt in my mind that this wasn't a real injury..  As I expected last night the reports were coming out that it was his foot not the knee..then today they said the x-rays came back negative.. that isn't surprising because HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY GET HURT.    You could tell the way he gave himself up and the way he fumbled that ball. he was trying to find the quickest way off of the Jets plane because he knew that bad boy was going in for a crash-landing
 
Yeah I know I shouldn't question injuries but when I call a spade I have to call it one..  

No comments: