Monday, June 4, 2012

Take on Yoga

yesterday I take my two year old to some Toddler and me Yoga class, 45 minutes of basic yoga moves, nothing too crazy and probably got into 2 'real' yoga positions.  Anyway I get up this morning  and get out of bed and am stiff as a board   I just don't feel right, not because I am sick or anything just because although it although ridiculously cliche I have aches and pains in parts of my body I never knew existed.    I try to stretch but it doesn't really work because I can't remember how to get into downward fucking puppy and now my back feels like my body was used as the rope for a tug of war between Nick Mangold and a grizzly bear.  My Achilles feels like somebody took a sledge-hammer to it from kneeling with my feet outstretched underneath me and my legs feel like I carried two bowling balls up all 102 flights of the Empire State Building.  I ran the marathon twice and felt better afterwards, there was no part of my body that didn't ache.

 
Then consider the stink of 10 people sweating it up in some Cambodian Jungle with us all rolling around on communal mats which you just know aren't getting hung out for air.   Although I probably lost 10 pounds it was all water weight and add to that fact that I undoubtedly picked up some strain of ParkSlope athlete's foot on my guy (although I am sure it can't compete with a BayRidge strain). But between the aches, pains and likely fungus it was an unforgettable workout.  I am not complaining mind you...it was an absolutely great workout and I will absolutely going back

Need I remind you that it was a TODDLER yoga class



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: