Saturday, June 2, 2012

Take on the pushed Facebook status update



Apparently somewhere between screwing over investors and selling your personal information Facebook has started to get desperate.  Maybe it was because the IPO pulled back the covers to reveal that FB's earnings never justified the perceived value or maybe they finally had to admit that all those active users numbers were hyperinflated but something happened this week which caught our eye.  
This week I started getting emails from Facebook with status updates, the same kind of lame daily drivel which pulls thousands of people to the site per second.   In some lame attempt to lure me back they calculated that I may get pulled back in if only I could see the crazy fun people were having on FB.  They apparently did some market research and decided that they go to some direct marketing by bombarding people who like me have not logged in for months with the kind of crap most users find addictively irresistible 
So although I don't care that Bad Willy Styles wishes everybody a 'happy Friday' it is now funneled into my inbox meaning I am once again exposed to this daily barrage of garbage and the only way to get it to stop is probably by logging onto FB and changing the settings which by the simple act of logging in will mean some Facebot can count me as an active user.  



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: