Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Take on the Delta earlier flight

I booked myself on a 6:15AM flight to Chicago tomorrow morning which sounded like a great idea when I did it but now that I'm trying to figure out my plan for tomorrow morning sounds miserable because a 6:15 flight is that it means you have to be at the airport at 5:30 which means I have to be out of my house before 5AM and obviously means you have to be up at 4:30AM.   
 
As miserable as that sounds, it gets worse because my meeting tomorrow just got moved back an hour which means that I will now have an extra hour to kill when I land in Chicago at 7:30AM... BUT I do have a platinum medallion card with Delta for flying nearly 100,000 miles last year and that HAS to be good for something right?
 
I call up the platinum medallion line and am greated with a friendly "Hello Mr. TOR, how can we help you make your flight better"..   I ask them if I can change my flight to the 7:15AM flight which they say shouldn't be a problem..for a fee.    I'm not quite ready to spend another $100 on a $300 ticket so ask what my other options are..  She tells me that they do offer a courtesy day-of switch if there are seats available which means calling Delta 3 hours before your scheduled departure to try to switch the flight. 

Well this doesn't exactly work at 6:15AM which would mean that I'd have to call at 3:15AM to find out if I can go back to bed until 4:30 or instead wake up at 5:30AM.. Honestly with my luck there would be a delay on the 7:15 flight which means that I'd miss my meeting and honestly there is no chance i'd ever get back to sleep at 3:15 anyway.
 
 
 

1 comment:

strat said...

Have a safe flight. May you arrive safe in your destination.

website