Sunday, June 17, 2012

Take on the Dirty Jobs

When my wife and daughter surprised me with a father's day gift the surprise was really on Sunny some poor Korean pedicurist in Brooklyn.   As we've chronicled repeatedly on TOR, my feet are about as bad as it gets.  Between the dead skin, red spots, ingrown nails and athletes foot it is an absolute disgrace so when I sat down and saw the chick reach for my dogs, the look on her face was that of absolute horror.    As she put on gloves, I swear I saw her contemplating putting on a second set and I am quite sure I saw her puke and swallow it.   She started with the foot soak which instantly turned her little foot bath a very cloudy grey, he then used some industrial nail file and quite honestly removed 2 inches of dead skin at some point shaving off slices as thick as Munster cheese.  She added some kind off cream which at that point felt like rubbing alcohol into an open cut.   There were times during the 45 minutes when I swear she looked like she was going to quit but everytime she made a movement to get up her pimp stated at her and she resumed the task of digging into the toxic dump 7 inches from her face, the look of death only outmatched by the smell.   I promise you that if this woman had a choice to turn in her beautician job for that of an Asian masseuse on the spot, she would have had a hard decision 
I'm sick of the argument that illegal immigrants come and take good American jobs, there is no self-respecting American would be caught dead touching these things unless they are guaranteed a reality show invite stapled to the application 



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How much did you tip her?