Saturday, May 19, 2012

Take on those silica packs

Considering you can check in online for a 4 hour flight to Phoenix
where you are able to surf the web at 10,000 feet, it amazes me fat
there are a ton of things we still can't do. For one it absolutely
amazes me that whenever my two year old gets a bag it still contains
one of those little salt-like bags of silica. How is 2012 have yet
not come up with a better way to keep moisture out of a bag. And why
is it so crucial to keep a bag dry before I get it but as soon as you
bring it home you are you supposed to toss those packets? Seems a
bit strange that they are only to be used before you get delivery of
the bag since it is probably more likely that when you are actually
using the bag it is way more likely to pick up moisture or mold than
when it sits empty in a store

Now I get using these silica packs for a work Samsonite carryon but
when they throw six of them in a Dora the Explorer backpack you really
wonder where the sensibility is. Take it from experience, you tell a
toddler not to put a silica pack in her mouth and within 2 minutes
said toddler is likely gagging on silica.
I get that this is the parent's responsibility and I take it fully but
would think that with modern day science being so cutting edge they'd
come up with something that isn't toxic to a kid

No comments: