Friday, May 18, 2012

take on the ATTWireless.com website

For a company who claims to be cutting edge, using AT&T's website is basically equivalent to using two cans with a string between them.    For the last three years since I moved from Verizon, I've been using their website to pay bills, make changes to my account, add features etc and every time I do it, I stop half way through and call an operator because I feel like shooting myself.  It's like dealing with a schizophrenic with all the windows that pop-up with every button you press.   There is no linear motion whatsoever, each action launches a new and more confusing window on top of the 10 different windows you've already inadvertently launched.. but that isn't even the worst part.   the worst part is that the technology behind these dozens of popup windows just doesn't work
Just yesterday I tried to schedule a payment online and went to enter the date for the electronic payment to be made for June 5th which would be a day before it was due.. the problem was that every time I tried to manually pop in the date, the att.com website would open up a calendar..the problem is that it wasn't a live window.. although it gave you all the dates on a calendar you couldn't actually click on any of them.. so I would close that window and try to enter the date again and of course the only thing that keystroke accomplished was to launch that same non-working calendar window..
 
after being frustrated for 5 minutes, I just made a payment effective immediately which just meant that not only did I spend my free time with this crap, they also got my money sooner..

No comments: