Thursday, May 31, 2012

take on the new woot.com site

I have been making a daily visit to woot.com religiously for the last five years and have a garage full of useless crap to prove it.   I have bought a roomba, a portable bidet/vegetable cleaner, an Allen wrench set, a stool, a collection of Disney books, an etch-a-sketch, a blender, a dyson vacuum cleaner, a rabbit cork-screw thing, beef jerky, a walkie talkie set and more shirts than I can remember so I think that when I speak, woot should listen.  
They launched a new version of their ridiculously successful website this week and honestly it feels like a schizophrenic puked all over the screen.   There are pop-up windows, competing offers, blogs, they've burried content an have added so much noise that for the first time in years I dread typing in woo... in my address bar.   
It was always a clean and easy website to navigate with just enough fun to keep you interested even when the deal of the day didn't interest you..But with the launch of Woot of the Future they have messed up a good thing.  They've added something called Woot plus which we predict will be about as successful as google+  and thrown a bunch of ridiculous ads all over the page which seem to bleed all over the content.   It's atrocious to see what has happened to what has been a go-to site for me... The biggest issue is that they have now buried the original write-up on the top right-hand side with one of those 'click for more' buttons and by doing so they have ruined the absolute best part of the entire site because that write-up was laugh-out-funny
Take it from me.. I'm a loyal customer, go back to the original no nonsense clean version of the site or you'll turn us all against you..  Take this as a threat to your very existence because we represent your livelihood.....







the only way you'll appease me now is by sending me a bag of crap 

No comments: