Monday, May 21, 2012

Take on hotel water

When I travel to China, I am always well aware that I must star clear
of the water. I don't drink any table water, avoid anything that was
washed but not cooked (fruits and salads), brush my teeth with
bottled water and won't even drink soda which I haven't personally
seen poured out of a bottle. The beauty is that in every Chinese
hotel their are tons of complimentary bottles of filtered water a they
know the small cost far outweighs the backlash when some 300 pound
American businessman has to be rushed to a Chinese emergency room with
a terrible case of the runs. Even having to go through those
precautions to avoid anything not bottled doesn't prepare you staying
at the anti-Chinese hotel like a Hyatt where you too avoid the water
but for a very different reason. At the Hyatt like the Chinese
hotel they leave a bottle of water (if you can even call Aquafina
that) on your dresser The difference is the Chinese hotel has a note
saying they left it with their compliments while the Hyatt leaves a
note informing it would cost you $6.50 to open it. How the hell
these places get away with this kind of racket is beyond me but
charging the equivalent of an entire meal at Subway's for a bottle of
filtered water is criminal. They obviously prey on two groups, the
filthy rich who wipe their asses with $6.50 -which honestly can't be
comfortable- or those who get drunk and are too inebriated to realize
they just spent a small fortune on the piss they mix with syrup to
make Diet Coke

I refuse to give these places another penny of my money after having
dropped a few bills per night and $65 for breakfast which consisted of three eggs

No comments: