Sunday, May 6, 2012

Take on Chinese cuisine

Whenever I am on my way to Asia I try to mentally as physically
prepare myself by imagining Temple of Doom and then adding about 10
layers of filth to it. It's not that I am not experimental when
trying new foods, it is that there are certain things I don't feel
like I should ever experiment with. But the thing is that i am not
that turned off my donkey meat, turtle soup or jellyfish. What I am
really not happy with is the whole fish every Chinese dinner is
finished with. Generally I really like fish but when you are 1000
miles from the ocean and every river is fluorescent green with
godknowswhat pollutant, you start getting nervous.
So before I left for 8 days away from home I made sure to fill up on a
large burger with pepperjack and onions, about 10 chocolate chip
cookies and a gallon of seltzer which i hope i can store up like a
camel.


And if not I have a bag of beef jerky in my bag just in case.

No comments: