Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Take on dry heat

Having spent the last 4 days in 108 degree Scottsdale heat might be
making me even a bit more nuts than I usually am. My issue is that
any conversation you have with anybody basically feels like sequenced
dance routine. You literally have the same conversation ten times
over again

Righetti. "Jesus Christ it is bloody hot"

Arizonian. "yes but it's dry heat"

Righetti. "I don't give a shit if I were in a conventional oven, I
literally feel like the sun is burning a hole into my skin"


There really is nothing dumber than this conversation because it tries
to justify how completely uncomfortable you are. Yeah 108 with no
humidity is better than 108 and high humidity but that is like saying
getting kicked in the nuts by a high-school soccer player is better
than getting kicked in the nuts by Mesi...either way your voice will
go up a few octaves

Truth is I'd never go to a place that is 108 and humid on my own
accord so telling me that it's better than this means nothing to me.

But although I absolutely hate humidity at least you know how
frigging hot it actually is because this dry heat only means that the
only way you know is when you pass out because of dehydration.
The humidity does have an advantage since it does at the very least
it does give you some cloud cover so you aren't baking in that cancer-pit

No comments: