Saturday, May 7, 2011

Take on the locker

I got a lot of issues with the gym, from the filthy sweat covered machines, the pumped up sweat covered dudes swaying their huge units in the air and the jello like substance coating the floors of the showers. These are all annoyances but nothing annoys me more than the fact that on a Friday Night at 6PM I walk into the locker room and every locker has a lock on it. Now I'm all for giving people a place to store their crap but when there are 15 total people in the gym and 80 locks on the lockers there's something very wrong.
NYSC has a pretty well publicized policy that you are not allowed to use one of the normal lockers to store your stuff while you are not presently using the facilities. There are lockers set aside which can be rented so you can store things overnight but the general locker-room ones are to be emptied every-night. Well there I stand on a beautiful Friday afternoon when anybody who is anybody is already well on their way to a big weekend and I still can't get a locker at eye-level unless I am willing to venture to the part of the locker room where the buff-dudes stare in the mirror while they blow dry their shafts.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: