Saturday, May 14, 2011

Take on Coffee

What gets me is how many people tell me they love coffee and how few of them actually love coffee. Now there is obviously a physical addiction which is indisputable but past that there is a true love for coffee.
I drink coffee TO style: strong and black while others prefer it Carson Palmer style: fruity and white. Whether it's the milk, the shots of hazelnut or the true sugar additive I am convinced that for many what draws people to cafe is mostly sucrose.
True coffee is an acquired taste for a sophisticated pallet while light-and-sweet is the equivalent of a crappy Jennifer Anniston romantic comedy. Most people who claim to love it really love bubble gum sugar and honestly it's yet another reason we are falling behind the Chinese..
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely agree. I am a tea drinker myself, and I like it plain. No sugar, no honey, no milk. I think these coffee drinkers need to admit that they are drinking a concoction with a coffee base, and not coffee itself. Great post!

Cathy said...

yes i definitely do that - i say i love coffee but i only like it COLD with a lotta ice and fruity style with a LOT of whole milk (cuz skim milk in coffee grosses me out cuz it's watery) and splenda and hazelnut or almond flavor. i think real coffee drinkers usually only drink it hot. i also say i like drinking alcohol but really, i only drink pink-colored cocktails off of those girly cocktail menus.