Friday, March 4, 2011

Taking on sugar

The NYC Health department has started this new subway advertisement campaign against obesity with a new set of ads which stack up various every-day drinks with the equivalent number of sugar packets you are consuming. A sports drink is 9 packs of sugar, a soda is almost 14 and a frozen vanilla coffee is 32 packs. This country is addicted to sugar so I welcome any effort to draw attention to it. I know guys who drink 3 or 4 soda's per day and pour so much sugar in their coffee that the spoon could practically stand up in the cup.
My issue with this particular campaign is that I am not exactly sure what they are trying to show in the picture.. It looks like a lobster tail which quite frankly sounds pretty good to me right now and makes me want to drink a large coke to help wash down that tender lobster meat.

Glad to see NYC is spending my tax money wisely in their graphics department.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: