Friday, March 18, 2011

Taking on the crazies

Somebody has to explain to me why there are countless Asians (they are almost always Asian and at least 70% women) who walk the streets in my neighborhood on recycling day and rummage through trash to collect cans. Now these aren't a bunch of crackheads (from what I can tell) who seem to be collecting cans to support their smack-habit but instead some or 'normal'. Now maybe this is a kind of behavior which happens when the Tiger Mother scares her cub into craziness
What really bothers me is when you catch one ripping open the recycling bags to fish out the cans.. I spend time and care to make sure my front stoop doesn't look like a rat infested garbage dump but every Thursday morning there is crap everywhere... It's one thing for them to fish coke cans out of the city trash bins and I'd argue they're doing a service by recycling an item that otherwise would have ended up in a landfill but when they are just grabbing them from my front stoop after I collected them, they are making a killing (and a mess) on my work
And to make matters worse today I couldn't get a seat on the train cause one of these psychos was using the D train to bring home her Manhattan haul.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

lmfao i never thought about it but u r so right! lmfao