Tuesday, July 20, 2010

my odds of winning are better in AC than them fixing this AC

so somehow all my bitching about the heat-wave of 2010 has found some ears because all the bitching an moaning has gotten us somewhere.. sort of.      For two days I've walked into the office to find that the AC is busted.   So not only is it 95 degrees and humid outside, add to that some extra stuffiness from being inside.    How the hell are you expected to work when you dripping sweat from your eyeballs.   
 
This is what I hate about working for anybody but myself.   See if it were my company, I'd be bithing and moaing to the Super and demanding a decrease in rent for the days that there was no AC.    The issue is that when you aren't paying the bill, you also aren't getting the discount.     So I'm drenched to my boxers and the owners of the building are clinging Coronas at some beach with hot chicks in bikins.    This is the same issue I have with all the construction that goes on in-and-around NYC.    The average ahole going to work is the one inconvenienced while the city reaps the rewards.  Nobody every looks out for the little guy who doesn't get the tax-breaks, the welfare checks, the free insurance or the discounted metro-card.  No we are expected to bust our ass every-day to make sure that we pay our taxes so that the rest of the world functions even as they cut our subway-service or find a reasons to ticket you for the most minor infraction.
 
If i wanted to sweat liked this I would have gone to the Turkish Bath House

No comments: