Monday, July 19, 2010

BB sucks

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.   I hate the subway, I hate the heat, I hate the fact that people don't wait on the platform while other people are getting off the train, I hate the homeless people I get shoved into, I hate traffic, I hate opposite side of the street parking, I hate street sweeping, I hate hating everybody, I hate not sleeping enough, I hate ferberizing.

But what I hate worse than anything is the fact that I can't surf the net on my blackberry.   The 3G service Verizon offers combined with the traffic on the network and the fact the BB browser is AOL slow makes me want to throw this piece of crap out of the window.   In a world where everybody has an IPhone, IPad, Droid or Pre, I'm stuck as the one a-hole in the world driving 40MPM on the Autobahn.

So I challenge BlackBerry, you have to either catch up or you are losing me.   I've long been your biggest advocate especially since you've moved away from the straight business-machine to offer cameras and a few little gadgets but it's time to show up with a hot-blond to the ball because your act is tired, your hairline is receding and you aren't nearly as rich as you used to be.    See Apple comes out with a new IPhone seemingly once per year and even if it has some kinks they are small kinks in armor which is stronger than a diamond-plated protective-cup.   You bring the Storm which is the equivalent of telling people you will be taking them to the Hamptons and instead wind up sitting at Field 4 at Jones Beach.  For years you had BBM as your crown-jewel but with unlimited texting and programs which string texts together like G-Chat even that has gotten worthless. It's time to step up cause my friends all have great cameras, super-fast internet, tons of great apps and they get their email just as easily as I do.

So I'm throwing the gauntlet down, I'm eligible for a new phone at Verizon but I'm ready to bail on the whole thing if you don't come up with something and soon.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: