Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm only happy when I'm pissed off

Just yesterday I read that the parking authority was going to be increasing the costs of parking meters 33%.

The MTA budget cuts took effect this week and already I feel the pinch. Between the elimination of certain lines and the deep cuts on others the morning commute has just gotten that much worse. I believe that all services should be self sustaining so I don't mind a fare-hike but when you get that AND also get service cuts something isn't right.

TOR has discussed the dismal financial state of this State for months and ranted about the hidden taxes the residents are getting including parking-meter hikes, elimination of street parking spots, tickets for very minor offenses along with the MTA stong-arm. There is no time than a recession with 10% unemployment to raise taxes and the way the state has been run is criminal. How is it that in all these years of prosperity the City and State didn't set up a rainy day fund? It is absolutely pouring outside and Cuomo, Patterson, Bloomberg, Guiliani. Dinkins. Koch, Pataki and Spitzer left us with a few of those cheap black umbrellas.
Other states aren't faring any better so we're not alone on this island but we got to get off living on credit. If you can't afford to pay your bills and put a couple of bucks into savings, I'd tell you to either get a better job or cut your spending but Albany and NYC have refused to do any of this.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: