Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At least Kate Perry has the decency of being well endowed

Popular Music has sucked for a solid 10 years and when I look out at the landscape I'm afraid that the future isn't looking much better. I've been listening to Armed Forces Radio while in Korea to help cure my need for a burger and fries but have found my self nauseas with the music which is apparently popular with today"s youth. There seems to be this formula which the record companies all subscribe to take a fairly attractive young girl and put her through the machine and voila out comes the newest pop sensation. The formula basically takes this girl, has her sing some god-awful pop lyrics about getting stood up by some dude at the prom over some cheesy guitar rift and before you know it you have the next Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson or Ashley Simpson.
The money-making part doesn't bother me, nor does the fact they ruin rock-and-roll, what really sticks in my craw is that it's all so predictable. The chick makes one over produced album and grabs some front page publicity, they then spend 10 months having the paparazi take unflattering pictures of them. The issue is that everybody is surprised to see these chicks looking fat or pimple covered but this shouldn't shock anybody as they are such untalented plain-janes who get plastered all over US Weekly where they get linked to Tony Romo then John Mayer and finally they all seem to end up banging David Spade which I guess is punishment enough.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: