Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Are you capable of performing the duties of the exit row.

The only thing redeeming about flying coach is the emergency exit row. It's not that it's the only way at almost 6'2 you can sit somewhat comfortably but after flying 300,000 miles in the last few years it is the only way to keep your sanity. One of my biggest issues is something different though, they always ask if your are capable of handling the responsibility of sitting in the emergency row and I always think that not only am I capable but I wouldn't want anybody else sitting there if this flight decides to swan dive into the Hudson River. I don't trust anybody to do this as well as I do, I was made to throw a door out of an plane and shuttle passengers down a water-slide
It's not even that I feel like I have this inane ability but I often look around and see the total incompetence around me and think that they should have a physical aptitude test before being asked if you could perform those duties. I'm talking squats, leg-lifts, sprints and endurance runs because those doors look heavy and I see a lot of grandma's occupying those seats.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: