Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Take on the technical glitch

When three of the biggest companies go down faster than a fluffed in The Valley, I start to worry not because I believe it must be terrorism but because it probably is. Maybe it originated from the Balkans, maybe it came from North Korea, maybe it came from ISIS, maybe it came from Russia or maybe it came from some former Soviet satellite state but I don't believe in coincidence. I look for common themes and I think I have figured it out. Today United Airlines had to ground a bunch of flights, the NYSE had to suspend trading and the WallStreetJournal had an 504 error on their front page which could only mean one thing, insider trading. We all know that the NYSE and the WSJ are owned by the same people, people so having both the biggest stock exchange and their biggest watchdog go down simultaneously is a bit too coincidental for my taste. Add to that an airline in bed with the owners and I think it becomes an easy case of connect the dots, the dots on my ass. I believe the United system went down after they were about to announce abysmal second quarter earnings, and were afraid how it would affect their stock prices. They traded this information with the WSJ to allow their owners to get out of some stock positions and encourage them to stop the stock exchange for a few hours so that some odd trading patterns could be disguised as part of the glitch. The market is disrupted in the middle of the summer, so the collateral damage is minimal and a bunch of stock brokers got to eat lunch at the park today, so they aren't bitching.

I wonder if FoxNews will be covering this one

:tinfoilhat:

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Buy low. Sell high.

Now is the time to buy.