Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Take on the Sandra Bland cop

The worst thing that ever happened to cops was the dashcam because for all the stuff they probably prevent and for all they probably protect cops they have also brought a lot of their activity right to the foreground.  I have no idea if Sandra Bland hung herself in that Texas jail but I do know that whatever human rights the constitution claims people have, it does not seem to be enforced.   I hate smoking but see no reason why this woman should be forced to put it out in her own car even if I think she should have put it out to avoid confrontation.   That isn't about rights but about common sense.  But when it comes to the confrontation it is pretty obvious who was looking to escalate it and it wasn't Ms Bland.  But even if she was, you'd hope for a cop to be the one who would take the high road in this situation which he clearly doesn't.  This is just another example of a power trip gone bad, one that has no justification other than one person making another aware that they have the upper hand.  
Anyway, this woman was no angel as her arrest record shows but I doubt any you watching it would agree that she deserved what she got but then again I've been wrong before when predicting human reaction to situations like this 



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: