Friday, February 27, 2015

Take on the dress

I have never quite seen a phenomenon like the color of the dress thing that took over the interweb yesterday. It's as if the world had divided into two camps, both staunch defenders of what their eyes told them.

I ran an informal poll amongst friends and family and it ran basically as expected. 47% saw it as some version of blue and black, 49% saw it as gold and white, my mom saw it as purple and gray and a buddy (who is colorblind) saw it at green and purple and one guy said it looked like a llama. What is most interesting was how adamant and even hostile some people could get with this. I've seen people send over studies and articles "proving" that what they see is correct as if their eye sight ability shows them to be superior. I saw another theory that happier people saw it as gold and people more prone to depression saw the blue and black and I've read people theorize it has to do with how much sex you get which is pretty sad being that my wife and I saw it in different ways, her implying tons of sex and me on a miserable white and gold drought

Anyway you people are all clueless because this dress is as gold and white as the sky is blue

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I have been quickly skipping over this dress photo in my Instagram and Facebook feeds because it doesn't depict female nudity or a sporting event or a cute dog.

Now, I finally know wtf people are talking about.

Although I dunno why this photo is such a big deal. It just looks like there is some poor background lighting making the colors not clear enough. So I dunno what color the dress is, and I don't really give a fuck.

How did this thing catch on? How is this intriguing to anyone? I'd rather watch a nose-picking contest.