Saturday, February 21, 2015

Take on the crime of snow shoveling

When we read this week that the cops were called on two kids who walked around a neighborhood offering their services to shovel driveways and stoops we were flabbergasted.   The charge was that they were soliciting work without a license which is about as idiotic a charge for a  industrious teenager you can come up with.   In a world where we always complain about how lazy the youngest generation has gotten, we've finally come full circle and are now trying to stifle their desire to make a buck doing honest teenage work, these guys weren't robbing houses or selling weed.  
Anyway, I now realize that I broke the law hundreds of times as kid as I went door to door offering my snow shoveling services at the first sight of a snowflake and will proudly tell my kids that and hope they follow my lead. 

The best part of the story though was the following throw away comment in the article 

Chief Jannone said the danger from the storm was real: About three minutes after the officers had left the shovelers, their patrol car slid in the snow into a telephone pole, causing $11,000 worth of damage.





Sent from my iPhone

No comments: