Saturday, January 3, 2015

Take out the bad Bing update

Saw that there was a bad Bing update that basically took out all of
yahoo! yesterday and immediately thought "if a tree falls in the
forest..." I have not willingly been to yahoo in a decade, I say
willingly because one time about three years ago my browser search
engine on the IPhone had been defaulted to yahoo.com by one my my very
funny friends, so I did go that time. I was pissed originally because
I had an impossible time trying to figure our how to change it back to
default to google but was more pissed that I hadn't thought of that
joke myself. But that was not nearly as bad as the only other time
I've been to yahoo. That was more recent, on my last trip to China.
For some reason I could not log onto gmail or google or blogger from
my hotel although all other non-google websites worked fine. I'd been
paying attention to the fact the great FireWall of China was already
purposely slowing down and blocking google, but had done no real work
before I left and when I went to try to find out some information or a
back door hack, I was stuck. Stuck because I had to use Bing to try
to figure something out and using Bing is like beating off with your
left hand. You can probably get accomplished what you hope to but
it's going to be more painful and uncomfortable than it needs to be.
Anyway, Bing sucks, Yahoo blows and anybody who uses yahoo's fantasy
league is probably playing in a league with their girlfriends and moms

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

What other fantasy football site exists that is as fast and user friendly as Yahoo's?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the draft glitches or shitty "improvements" Yahoo keeps rolling out (like the dark night background as default instead of the old white background), but Yahoo kind of has a monopoly in this market.